Daeblog
Archives ::

Sun, 22 May 2011

Well, it's been a while, but I finally got my website staging to a vaguely usable condition. Upshot of this is, it makes it easier for me to update the more static content of the site. I've redone a huge chunk of the Portfolio, do pop by and have a look when you get a chance.

Sat, 03 Oct 2009

RSS

Also also, this site is now presented in glorious RSS-o-vision. Or at least, something that vaguely approximates it. Glance furtively at the feed for all the deliciousness.

Update: now with extra content options for those who want to read me in some kind of reader application. You can have:

I did this all with a custom blosxom plugin to extract content from the blog posts and format it as CDATA for the RSS stream. Dead simple in the end.

Wed, 26 Aug 2009

Thanks to Heather Maclaren for pointing out that the blobs on the front page look like they ought to be clicky blobs. I've enabled clickyness on them. The labels were wandering a bit, so I put them back too.

Tue, 25 Aug 2009

I fixed the configuration issue that was causing the navigation problems. There's a permissions problem in the commenting system still - this is a pretty common occurrence, and there are several ways for me to fix it. I'll look into it this evening, I hope.

Otherwise: yay, blog!

Mon, 24 Aug 2009

So it all looked like it was working here in testing-server-land, but as always there are some issues to iron out for the deployed version that you're looking at now, mainly to do with navigating around the blog. I'll sort it out Real Soon Now.